Thursday, July 20, 2006

Sylvester The Jester visits!

Sylvester the Jester

Danny came over last night as my first guest in our new home! Kirsten and Ace were over as well. We all enjoyed a wonderful Pasta Carbonara prepared lovingly by my sweetie. Delicious meal served with a charming red wine. Well that part I'm assuming, as I'm not much of a wine drinker. . . . but no one spit it out on the floor so, I'm guessing that it was palatable.

It was great seeing Danny again. We hadn't seen each other since we worked the PCAM together in Seattle a couple of years ago. In fact, Danny was the only reason I was hired to work that convention. Brian Cook was looking to book him, and Danny says to him, "I'll only do it if you hire Tom as well". Shit, I take the gigs any way they come to me.

For those of you that may not know, it was 20 years ago that Danny & I were roommates here in LA for a couple of years. A great era for magic in LA.

Danny is a genius, pure and simple. He is passionate about magic, art, poetry and life. After dinner we retired to the living room where we had a nice discussion about prosthetic make up, hair and the process of wig making. Polly never ceases to amaze me with here encyclopedic knowledge of so many different topics. (Can you tell I dig her?).

After that Dan and I took a bit of a cigar walk admiring my new neighborhood. Great way to end the evening. I asked Danny if he had any interest in weekly rendezvous at the Magic Castle. He said that sounded fun. Back in the day we were at the Castle every Friday night before heading to a trendy dance club that we worked called Vertigo. We partied, performed and pretty much acted like goof balls. I can't wait to plug back into the scene. Dan told me that the scene had changed greatly and that it was nothing like what I remembered it to be in 1986. I told him it was up to us to make it that way again. Fuckers, better get ready for us, cause the shit is about to hit the fan!

1 comment:

Bizzaro. said...

Dan is a great guy and someone I am proud to call a fiend.

He speaks very highly of you.