Saturday, August 12, 2006

You can't make this shit up!

A nutty thing happened during one of my performances at the Promenade yesterday. While I was in the middle of the cups and balls routine, this crazy lady put something into my doctors bag that appeared to be a small folded up piece of paper. I looked at her quizzically an said, "Did you just put a bindle of cocaine in my bag?" I followed that by saying to the audience innocently, ". . . NOT that I know what a bindle of coke looks like, mind you". She sheepishly nodded no. She left and I went on with the routine. Later after the show I was curious as to what the paper was all about. I carefully unfolded the paper and saw something that just grossed me out. A large piece of one of her teeth. Disgusting!

Not so disgusting that I didn't want to bring it home, take a picture of it and share it with you here. But that wasn't meant to be. Uri the classical guitar playing psychic asked me what was in the paper. I showed it to him and told him what I wanted to do with it. He told me that was a very bad idea. He added that if I brought it home, it would surely bring me bad luck. I immediately walked to a nearby trash can and threw it away. Good riddance. Last thing I need is bad luck.

The molar of the story is that tooth is stranger than fiction.

OK not funny. . . . But I keep on trying.

3 comments:

Scott Ocheltree said...

Can you really be sure it was her tooth?

I can't help but think of the scene from The Big Lebowski...

Walter Sobchak: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

The Dude: Yeah, but Walter...

Walter Sobchak: Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These fucking amateurs...

your brother, your friend said...

to thine own self be tooth!

your brother, your friend said...

to thine own self be tooth!