Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Meeting with the big boys

My good friend and graphic artist "Sticky Steve" Weinstein from Envoi Design is in town. He's got some meetings with some movers and shakers with Mattel Toys

hm_image_bnr1_1
and wanted to know if we could entertain them at the Magic Castle. I didn't think it would be a problem. After a quick call to Todd Karr (thanks Todd) I was making dinner reservations for 6.

So tonight we'll have a nice meal, maybe a cocktail, take in some entertainment and have a magical evening. Evidently they have an event coming up and to be honest with you. . . I plan on closing the sale.

I will also keep my ears open as to other ways Industrial Strength Magic can be a benefit to the Mattel Corporation in achieving their goals. With the rapid approach of the holiday season, I'm sure a variety of different departments might find useful a jolt of energy with their fourth quarter meetings.

One of my goals in moving to LA was to recognize and take advantage of opportunities that are presented to me. The other side of that coin is creating opportunities. I am looking forward to a real good time tonight.

I may even perform a set tonight at the upstairs bar, close up table, in the corner. We'll see.

No comments: