Tuesday, December 19, 2006

That Old Black Magic

Black Magic
James More aka "Black Magic" has been entertaining the masses at the Promeade. Years ago there was a little magic shop on the second level of the Carew Tower Shopping Arcade in the heart of downtown Cincinnati. Appropriately it was called the Carew Tower Magic Shop. I've had recent conversations with Ryan Swigert, Jason Wethington, and Mike Johnson. I'm not sure how many, if any of you were ever there, but just like Seattle Magic, there was always an air of what's on the other side of the secret magicians only back room door, like the smell of. . . . cigar. And the sound of cards shuffling.

At any rate, James was there too. It's fun to remember. . . at least the IRS thinks so.

I watched James dazzle the crowd with some very nice coin work and he finished with the cups.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I miss Carew Tower Magic as my lunchtime hangout.

Even though I don't work downtown any more, I think I'd still drive down to see you now and again.