Thursday, February 15, 2007

Wednesday

Another Day. . . Another Dollar

What a week so far. . . . for Polly. She's been getting up every morning this week between 3 and 4 AM. Her call times have been between 4:30 - 5:30AM. They've been shooting on location this week, so that means an even longer commute than normal. Then she works a 12-16 hour day, comes home, has a glass of wine, then goes to sleep and does it again the next day. I don't know how she does it, and keep a smile on her face.

I, on the other hand, take Monday and Tuesdays off and for the rest of the week I work the City Walk either 6-10PM or 12-5PM on the weekends. I enjoy taking long walks on the beach or in the mountains. For the last 2 weeks we've been taking care of Polly's best friend Kirsten's, dog. He's a 4 year old Australian Shepherd named Ace.

Yesterday I took him for another hike in the Burbank foothills of the Vurdugo Mountains. It's a 20 minute drive from the house, but a real nice hike for man or beast.

On these walks, I smoke my cigar and listen to my brainwashing podcasts. Things like the Accidential Creative, Zig Ziglar, or Creative Screen Writing. I fill my mind with inspiring thoughts and information as I take in the beautiful sunny views in mid February and mid 70's temperatures.

Ace really enjoyed the opportunity to run loose for a couple of hours. Our house has a nice backyard with a gated front yard so, he can have the run of the joint at home. But he was really digg'en long sprints up and down hills. Kirsten who also works in the industry as a film loader and camera second, is shooting a pilot in Albuquerque. She'll be back in a week to pick up her dog.

No comments: