Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Back

My mind wanders. Not really going anywhere.

Inside my head I knock about

like a guy waiting outside a dressing room at a department store for his girl

Feelings and memories

The past and my issues

All sit around the dinner table and play nice

It's a crazy world we live in, with so much at stake

Shattered dreams and plastered smiles

and miles of piles turning into smiles

all the while

after the paper work has been filed

and the party was wild

this writing is mild


INT. Tom's Mind - Dark echo

Coming up through the spinal cord the image rotates as it enters the brain.


What the fuck is all this mess!?

I take a broom and sweep cobwebs out of the corner of darkness

I look for the light switch but there isn't one. It's not totally dark, but not that bright.

A sound off in the distance, familiar

I walk towards the music. It's Jim Morrison singing LA Woman. Being played on a cassette in the tape deck of my first car, a 1976 Rally Nova. Puke green with bullet holes in the door. I called it the Funmobile.

I loved to drive fast to that song

The part where he goes

Mr. Mojo Risin'

Got to keep on risin'

that's where I would slowly but steadily start mashing the gas pedal

I'm gone risin', risin'

I gotta risin', risin'

Going faster 80 miles an hour, 90 miles an hour

Well, risin', risin'

I gotta, wooo, yeah, risin'

Woah, ohh yeah

Fucking pedal to the medal, balls to the wall

Speedometer buried as we get to this point in the song

Well, I just got into town about an hour ago
Took a look around, see which way the wind blow
Where the little girls in their Hollywood bungalows

No comments: