Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Huntington Beach • Surf City. . . Dude

Steve Bradford (venue manager and street performer coordinator for the Santa Monica Third Street Promenade) gave me a call recently about a new street performing opportunity in Huntington Beach. He's coordinating street performers for a new thing they're trying on Tuesday nights. I left at 3PM thinking that I could get there by 5PM. Think again. It took me 2 and a half hours to go 60 miles. Jeez! I don't remember it being that far when I lived there 20 years ago.

I finally got there and had a good time making people happy and some cash. We actually lived in Westminster a couple of miles inland from the ocean, but Huntington Beach was the closest beach to our house. Great memories taking cigar walks in the sunset. I did that almost evening.

Two decades have vanished into the past, but here I am again in Huntington Beach performing near Main St. & PCH

No comments: