Tuesday, March 27, 2007

One Year Anniversary with Polly

It was a year ago today that I got an e-mail from an old friend. I was happy to hear from her. We exchanged more e-mails,, then talked on the phone and. . . now, here it is a year later. We been living tohether for the last 8 months. Polly and I hooked up at the right time. I was tired of being emotionally beat up by my ex wife and her lawyer and was ready to stop the pain and start living again. I was thinking about moving to China at the time when Polly came back into my life. China. . . LA. . . hell. . . I was just ready for a change.

There's a certain comfort in being with someone who has known you since you were a kid. We went to high school at the School for the Creative and Performing Arts in Cincinnati and both lived in Hyde Park a fashionable Cincinnati suburb. We held hands and took walks when we were 15. She let me kiss her and hold her and nibble on her neck, but not much more. I would have to wait till I was 21 before our hearts and bodies came together again. . . just in time for me to decide that I was moving to LA (the first time).

I love my girl, and she loves me. I've been divorced twice and she's been run through the relationship wringer as well. Life is strange. Sometimes when you want something, you just think it up and manifest it. Could it be that easy? We think so.

Who knows what the future holds for us? If the last year is any indication; I can predict an even better year this year! Life is full of challenges, pain, joy and success followed by more pain, confusion the changing of the seasons and the natural ebb and flow of life. Dig in deep and experience it all fully. I know I am.

2 comments:

Scotty Walsh said...

That's a nice post Tom. Congratulations to you and Polly. I remember thinking when she gave you that hat from Cincinatti that she was the one for you. I think about you all the time and saw a set of your cups for sale in Ned's Magic shop in Denver. Drop me an email when you have a chance.

love you brother

scotty

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tom to you and Polly. Although I have never met her I like her because she makes you happy. All the best my friend,
Jason