Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Weakend

Orange juice squeezed from the oranges off a tree in the back yard. Banana trees, with their big floppy elephant ear leaves. Hearty plants that regularly bloom in the winter and get scorched in the summer.

Day after beautiful day I do what I want, when I want. I fancy myself a magician, a collage artist, a writer, a director, an actor, a retailer and a manufacturer. . . and I do all of this without even leaving the house. . . isn’t that GREAT!

Last weekend was weak at the City Walk. A large cheerleader conference/competition at the Gibson brought lots of eye candy for dirty old men like me. The girls were very busy going from here to there. While they were spending money, very little of it was coming my way.

I wasn’t on the schedule for the City Walk on Sunday so I decided to try Venice Beach for a change of pace and hang oceanside. Learned a valuable lesson, don’t try and go to the beach on a Sunday at noon and expect to find any parking. Pissed, with time slipping away I went to the City Walk anyway. Strangely, I had the place to myself with good traffic. I did they best I could.

Saw Gary “Mysto the Magician” aka Sonny Bono while working. He’s in town auditioning his Sonny Bono Tribute Act for some TV thing called “Next Best Thing”. He was the last person in the world I expected to look up and see. He witnessed a pretty good show that ended up a $4 hat. Oh well, as I said, it was one of those days.

No comments: