Thursday, April 26, 2007

An afternoon at Dean Dill's

It's official, every time I go to Dean Dill's Barber Shop, I have a great time. It's so cool, you never know who's going to be there. Yesterday it was Doc Eason, in from Snowmass, CO to work the Castle. I had never met him before, but I've always been a fan of his work. There was a whirlwind of activity with people coming and going and the guy with the grinder or sander was none other than Jamie Schoolcraft putting the final touches on a Copper, Silver, Brass set for Doc. Jamie busted out 3 Fly for the gang and then disappeared into the afternoon. There were visitors from Columbus, GA and San Diego. Sam showed up as well as Pete Biro, and of course DEAN DILL!

Here's a pic of Doc performing Kate and Edith . He did a nice demo and sold one to the guy from Georgia. I was grateful to to have the opportunity to sit and chat with Doc, He's a very interesting fellow, started magic when he was 30. . . I didn't know that. He's 60 now. . . I didn't know that either. We got to know one and other and talked about our mutual friend Shawn Greer. This art of ours brings so many unusual, eccentric & fun loving people together.

Alfonso showed up and did some beautiful coin work. I did a few things including my trick deck pitches (by popular demand, if you can believe that). Dean performed his Super Duper Triangle. The afternoon was turning into evening and I didn't want to get stuck in traffic. I gave Doc and Sam a lift to the Castle then took a slow Laural Canyon home. Spent some time with my lady, then headed to work and had a slow night at the City Walk. I can't make people appear.

No comments: