Saturday, July 14, 2007

Shawn & Denise Wedding Part II

I’ve been so caught up in working and unpacking that I forgot to finish up the Grand Canyon story. Denise looked beautiful. Both she and Shawn shared the warm glow of a couple in love. Polly was enlisted to do Denise’s hair. Toni (Denise’s best friend) was relieved that she didn’t have to do it and Polly was happy to lend a hand where it’s needed. She looked very pretty. We shot some fun candid video interviews while she was getting ready. She told the story of how she and Shawn met, a charming story, you’ll have to wait for the edited version to see and hear that story.

I really like Denise. Warm, friendly, calm, centered with an smile that warms the heart.






The wedding was unique to say the least. I never heard of anyone getting married on the edge of the Grand Canyon, and here I was watching my best friend get married while I captured the celebration on high definition video.




That’s weird, while I was writing this post. . . Shawn Greer calls me on the phone. We relived the day talking about how perfect a day it was. Blue skies and sunny, not to hot, not to cool. The attire was Hawaiian casual, nice, as it was on the freaking edge of the Grand Canyon. I asked him all about their week long honeymoon in Maui. They had a great time. What a nice couple. I had never met Denise before, but felt like we had been friends for a long time. Shawn has been raving about her for the three years that they’ve known each other. They both seem very much in love and excited to be embarking on a life together.

What can I say, Shawn has been my best friend for a quarter century. We’ve seen the best of times and the worst of times together. I’m happy for him and think he deserves much happiness. Congrats!

No comments: