Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Are you ready for some. . .

Monday night football back in the preseason. Looking good on the big screen. Last season we weren’t HD. Just heard a Copperfield reference during the game. The announcer said, as the referee went into the instant replay booth, “Wouldn’t it be funny if he came back out and it was David Copperfield with a bunch of cards and flowers?” I thought it was funny.

Found out an old acquaintance/friend is very sick. This is a great guy I’m talking about. Although I’ve never called him in the over 20 years that I’ve know him, I think I might look him up tomorrow. I hope that I can speak with him because there are some things I’d like to say to him.

Went swimming today. It was nude sunbathing day at the club. Why not add indecent exposure to the trespassing charge, that’s the way I think. Actually, I thought there’s less a chance of someone coming up to me if I was naked. seemed to work just fine. I don’t want many things out of life, but the idea of an even tan appeals to me. I’m totally turning Californian, fer sure. . dude. I hadn’t worn shoes or socks in months, sandals everyday if that. I put socks on, then sneakers and went to work; my feet felt like they were being punished. Shorts and a short sleeve shirt, sunglasses and a cigar, ipod, cell phone.

On Saturday night I lost money because I was fucking with a failing microphone. It was cutting in and out and making me crazy. They could hear every third word I was saying. Today I bit the bullet and bought a fancy wireless headset mic. I needed to special order in a specific configuration for street use (both transmitter and receiver need to be battery powered) Little mix and match, pay extra for a case, more to “3 day” it, bingo blamo, I’m gonna cut the cord and go wireless.

No comments: