Monday, September 03, 2007

Too Hot

Large sweeping brushstrokes with a broken bottle against chain link fence. Spray cans and whiskey, a miners helmet, red goggles and of course a deck of luminescent readers. . . cause. . . well you never know.

What was it that drew me to magic? Hell I don't know, just a phase I never grew out of. I love the idea of wonder and what that means in ones life. It's a healthy curiosity that can be artful and profound.

I've got a lot to say, but I sure don't say it in my act. I struggle with the question do people want content or simply entertainment. Who knows, what I do know, is how fickle the crowds are here. I have a tight little set that pays the bills, but I think I'm ready to experiment a bit, get out of my comfort zone. The problem with longer more sophisticated routines is that if they don't loose'em during the routine, they think the trick is the end and bolt because they think I'm gonna hit them up. I want them to relax and enjoy the moment.

Blew off work this evening because it was a hundred degrees. It's a shame cause I know if was a peak traffic day/night at the Universal Studios/City Walk. Oh well, I had a lovely evening. a nice steak dinner and a quiet, cool evening with my girl.

No comments: