Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. . . I feel like the luckiest guy in the world. I do next to nothing, make decent money, have a woman who loves me and accepts my devotion to hedonism. Make a living, making people happy with my magic. That's really all I ever wanted to do. On my own terms, the buck stops here. I work when I feel like working, for as long (or as in my case. . . as short) as I want to. Banged out a couple hundred bucks in an hour tonight at the City Walk. Not bad for an overcast Monday on October. It died early, so I split as Polly was on her way home.

She had a challenging day at work, so we chilled out on a blanket in front of the fire place. Cocktails, pillows and the Grateful Dead along with some high school style making out, changed the mood. This was the first fire that we've made in this house. The gas line to get it started was great. No fuss, no muss, bingo, blammo, romance in a box. Simmers in it's own sauce.

Finished my first HD Video Project. Shot, edited and burned Shawn's Wedding DVD. It was a wonderful affair on the edge of the grand canyon. I talked to Shawn today and told him I was mailing the DVD's to him. He should have them by the weekend. I'm excited to see if he and Denise like the gift. I probably spent 15 hours working on it. I love shooting and editing.

Got to visit Polly last week. She was working at night on the back lot at Paramount. They were shooting some NYC Exterior shots with a couple of the actors. I love watching the process and having the opportunity to chat up the crew. I had a chance to talk with Kelly the script supervisor. I asked her about her job, and she shared some interesting details about her work with continuity and the documentation that needs to be shared with other departments like audio or props.

No comments: