Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Monday

Polly had a 5:12AM call time. Nobody likes that shit, especially after such a delicious, long holiday weekend. She was up at 4AM . . . ouch. As for me, I woke at 9, but strangely was not convinced to get out of bed. So I got the laptop, my cell phone and back in bed for another hour. I met Polly for lunch at noon, she had been at work 7 hours at that point. I was just getting my day started.

Picketers still doing their thing at Paramount. After lunch I called my pal Vaclav who lives in the area and asked him if he wanted to take a hike in Bronson Canyon at the end of his street off of Franklin Blvd. not far from the Magic Castle. He said yes, I was there in 10 minutes.

This is Vaclav. He’s an actor, magician, free diver and friend from Seattle. We don’t see that much of each other (cause this is LA baby), but we stay in touch. He just got back from Seattle, so it was nice to catch up on what’s going on there. I enjoy Vaclav’s company. Everyone’s got a dream, that’s just a rainbow away. That pot of gold. I used to be satisfied with gold pot. But I digress, we started our hike up the canyon, first visiting the shooting location for the TV show Batman. The Bat Cave exterior was shot there, cool huh. We saw a lonely coyote. I assumed he was lonely because he was alone. Who knows, could have been a girl coyote. Maybe not lonely at all, but content to have just eaten a small child. . . or better yet a WGA striker. This is really good pot.

People can say what they want about LA. What a cesspool of shit and pollution, crime and drugs, bla, bla bla. Fucking beautiful, that’s what I say. Hot enough to want to take my shirt off on the hike. A shame to retard the tanning process. This canyon is situated between Hollywood & Burbank.

We talked about magic, gigs, his acting career and the many struggles that all starving actors deal with in this town. It can be so confusing. Like whose cock do you have to suck anyways. I mean Criss Angel still has cum pouring out his ass and mouth.

This town rocks! We hiked for about an hour ending up as close to the Hollywood sign as I’ve been. Below the sign in the canyon is a horse ranch where you can rent horses for $25 an hour, that sounds fun. Hey, you don't think. Never mind.

Another enjoyable afternoon. Finished our hike got on the 101 and was home in 10 minutes

This evening, it was over before it even started at work. Attendance below 2000 at Universal Studios today, made for an early evening with little cash for me. But when your smoking good cigars and coming home to a smoking chick, life is good. Plus, I put her to bed, crank on the TiVo and “Am I Ready for Some Football?” Hell yes! Monday Night Football and the last of the turkey leftovers.

No comments: