Saturday, December 01, 2007

Friday

It rained yesterday. . . all day. . and into the late evening. We needed the rain and could use more, but we'll take what we get. I went to work anyway, hoping that it might clear up and I could do some shows. No go, rain continued so I went to a movie at the City Walk. This week has been for shit, work wise. I'd show up for work and it would be dead, so I'd see a movie instead. I've seen more movies in the last week and a half, than I did all summer. Most recently: No Country For Old Men, Beowulf (3D IMAX), and last night I went to Hitman.

Thursday night, dead at the City Walk. Checked out Hollywood & Highland not much better there. Hung out with Daniel Davenport for an hour before heading to the Paramount Back Lot to visit my girl. Bonnie the script supervisor joked that she sees me more than she sees her own husband. I love visiting Polly at work, seeing all the magic being made for your television viewing entertainment.

Yesterday Polly had a 9AM call time and didn't get off till 1AM. . . . another 16 hour day, OY! After the movie (Hitman), I paid her a visit at work. Hung out for a couple of hours both on set and in the trailer. Always fun for me to chat up the cast and crew. Last night I had some questions for the Sound Technician.

I split around 11PM or so and headed home.

Sometimes I wonder if I would enjoy working in the television and film industry. It's got to play hell on relationships. I'm pretty happy just the way things are. I've got the best of both worlds. A girlfriend in the business, and a work schedule that allows for nude sunbathing and cigar smoking. . . most every day of the week.

No comments: