Monday, March 31, 2008

An entertaining evening in Hollywood

After finding out about Max Maven’s show from one the magic blogs I read, I couldn’t wait to see the show. I called Danny Sylvester to see if he wanted to go with me. Polly went to work at 3PM which meant she wasn’t coming home till 4 or 5 AM.

What can I say, I’m a Max Maven fan. I enjoyed the show and made a study of his timing, technique and persona. He’s an evolved performer with a deep sense of theater. I enjoyed his card routines, Key-r-rect routine and a mind reading routine with his eyes taped up and a ball gag shoved in his mouth. OK he didn’t use the ball gag, but the demonstrations rocked.

Afterwards Dan & I hit the Castle. I was hoping to pop in on Allen Hayden (guest librarian), but he was already gone. I gave Max Maven a lift to the Castle and confessed that I was a fan and that I remembered seeing him for the first time on "Mork & Mindy". It was nice to be stuck in Friday night traffic in Hollywood, it gave us a little one on one time. Max is the new entertainment director at the Magic Castle and said he would be happy to look at my video.

No comments: