Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday

Feel great about starting the day earlier than usual. Met Aaron at Bronson Canyon at 9AM. we’ve been trying to get out earlier because this week has been a scorcher. It’s almost 90 degrees and barely noon. I love starting my days with a walk, get the blood flowing and stare at tits all crammed into sports bra’s. . . that’s what I’m talking about.

I’m sitting in my auxiliary office in the garage. Lazy boy recliner, laptop, ipod, cell phone / pda, cold glass of water, cigar and a bowl. . . Sheeeeeeeeiiiiitttttt. . . life is good. Tonight I’ll go to work , do my thing. . . rinse and repeat.

Polly got an iPhone a few weeks ago and gave me her old Palm Treo. I’m trying to get back into the habit of scheduling laser focused planning sessions. Back in the day JR had introduced me to the Franklin Covey System of life management. I was a enthusiastic convert for years. Over a year ago I forgot my planner at Chris Korn’s house and never bothered to get it or continue any planning or systematic time management. I’ve taken baby steps to learn how to manage my schedule and syc it with my computer. Liking it. One nice thing about the pda/phone is, you can get a phone call while out and about & set an appointment/event and then directly input it into my calendar with the appropriate categories and alarms. Checking e-mail while out and about is novel as well.

It appears that I am setting myself up to actually get something done. Now the question is WHAT? What do I want to do besides boast a full body tan. . . hmmmmmm. Anyway, I’ll start my planning sessions for the last thing I do before I go to bed. Then after our walk, when Aaron & I hit the coffee shop for “work” time; I’ll have all my ducks lined up to have a productive session of computer time.

Yesterday we went to a different place to work and have lunch. The Yukon Mining Company is a restaurant on Santa Monica Blvd. Who should come in behind us, but none other than Rip Taylor. West Hollywood provides a nice perk, it’s ALL wifi. . . how cool is that.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.a

No comments: