Friday, May 30, 2008

Finding humanity within yourself

What is it that makes you. . . "YOU"?

Are you an optimist or a pessimist? Are you a giver or a taker? (How many takers do you think would answer that honestly) What makes you tick? What have you spent your life filling your heart and mind with?

I like to think that most people are good and that there is a lot of love in this world.

Performers are a strange breed . . . . magicians especially. My goals have always been simple to make people happy with my magic and make the world a better place one smile at a time.

How often do we get in the way of our own desires. When my numbers are down due to circumstances beyond my control, I internalize that and make the money more important than the directive to make people happy. Lots of things determine the outcome of any performance.

Getting ready to go out there and do my best. Been trying to lighten up and find improvisational situations to exploit. Having fun and connecting with the audience is primary, everything else will fall into place. There is a natural force in the universe. . . . called. . . . chaos . . . . deal with it, learn to love it and enjoy the ride. It's never exactly the same twice.

Watched "Fame" this afternoon with Polly. We both went to the same performing arts high school 25 years ago. Brought back a lot of memories.

No comments: