Sunday, May 18, 2008

Time flies. . . like a banana

Grateful Dead music blares in our nice air-conditioned house while the heat beats down outside. 96 degrees at 2 in the afternoon, YOW!

Had a great week and a half visit from my father. We took some fun motorcycle drives in the mountains. I never would have thought that my father and I would become such good friends and look at life through the same eyes. All I can say is, he gets it. As I sat on the back of the Goldwing and sped around hairpin turns, I too got it. There is something very peaceful yet exciting about life as seen from the Santa Monica Mountains overlooking Malibu.

One morning Gordy, Polly and I drove up to San Simeon to visit the Hearst Castle built by William Randloph Hearst (remember Citizen Cane?). Crazy, out in the middle of nowhere, 3 hours north of LA, high on the hill, overlooking the ocean a magnificent estate that's hard to describe. It was nice to take a day trip with my girl and my dad. Nice, nice, nice. We smoked fine cigars drank good wiskey and ate good food. What do I have to complain about.

My dad just got back home to Atlanta and has a whole new set of adventures riding across the back-roads of America to store in his memory. "What a guy!" It's a good life we both agreed. Live in the NOW, live ebb and flow. Relax, enjoy life. . . it's the best one you're gonna have.

No comments: