Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Community

People just want to fit in. Feel like they're a part on something. Over the weekend I attended a couple of very interesting performances by a band called "Widespread Panic". They carry the torch of the psychedelic jam band. With shows logging in at three and a half hours, the boys do not disappoint.

The room pulses with sweat, beer and raw energy. It was like out of Matrix 3, know that scene where they all get their freak on, primal dancing with the beating of drums. Crazy eyes as I smile a mile wide. I am no longer in control of my body. I dance to the music, which moves me every which way. To go out of your mind, to another place. Explore parts of your mind you don't usually go.

Youthful energy explodes in the aisles as the poor security staff doesn't quite know what to make of this scene. Shit, I barely know what to make of the scene. All I know, is I'm dancing with wreckless abandon, beautiful women surround me, to my left, to my right, in front of and behind me. I even looked up and staring down at me was another chick in the balcony. Everyone was smiling and dancing. . . hard.

At the set break everyone went outside to puff up. The heat of the day had burned off and the cool downtown LA breeze felt good as we were all drenched in sweat.

Hanging out with friends, feeling alive if not a bit crazy. Life is good at Camp Paradise. Rat Dog this weekend at the Greek then our Hollywood Bowl series begins. The summer is kicking in and the fun has already started!

Party on friends . . . Rock on . . . As hard as you want!

No comments: