Friday, September 26, 2008

Hiking in Hollywood

Well, it's official! I'm down 15lbs (weighing in today at 155lbs) and gone from a 38 inch waist to a 34. It's been about 3 months since Polly, Aaron and I have been hitting the gym. Today Aaron and I decided to mix it up a bit and go back to the hill that we hiked for months before starting a weight training program at the gym. It was nice to be back outdoors at Bronson Canyon up near the Hollywood Sign. A beautiful day for a hike. Blue skies, sunny and in the mid 80's by 10:30 in the morning.

I feel good, my leg is back at 100% and people tell me that I look good. One of the nice things about a hike, vs the gym, is the time that I get to spend talking to Aaron. To say that we geek out on magic is an understatement. Today we had a heated discussion about David Blaine and Criss Angel. I love my pal and feel lucky to to be his friend.

I'll probably hit the gym after work tonight, or visit polly on the set of HBO's show "Big Love" as she will most likely be working there till 2 or 3AM. I had lunch with her earlier this week when they were shooting on location at a house in Hollywood. They had set up base camp in a church parking lot near the house off Wilshire Blvd. lunch was served in the church in a large banquet room. Top Kats Catering always does an exceptional job and makes visiting Polly for lunch even more of a treat. On my way out I saw Bill Paxton (one of the stars of the show) cruise up in his low key Lexus. A sensible car for a movie and tv star, I thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure wish I could move down to LA. I would love to enjoy the sights and sounds you talk about in your blog. It sounds like you lead a much happier life now a days. And you are deserving of it. Congrats on the weight loss. Keep working hard. And that is very cool about Polly being on show sets here and there. What a town Hollywood is! Just a big ol' box of magic!