Wednesday, October 01, 2008

HOT Tuesday in LA

Hot day in the valley yesterday, peaked at 100 degrees. A bit cooler in Hollywood. 7 miles away and about 7 degrees cooler. Met Aaron at the gym, worked out and then headed to his place before we went to Ammo for lunch. Aaron is working the Castle this week (Late Close-Up) and wanted to discuss some new bits he was working on. We had a nice lunch and it was good to just chill with him. We made plans to hook up at the Castle later in the evening.

The day disappeared with a flurry of exercise, housework and mostly just trying to stay out of the heat. I blew off work because it only cooled down to the low 90's. . . . to hot for me to expect that the night would be worthwhile. Instead, I caught up on some of the football games I had TiVo'ed on Sun. & Mon. The season is gelling up nicely with some exciting last minute wins.

Last night, after a healthy meal I prepared at home, more relaxing before heading to the Castle to see Aaron's show at 10PM. A lot of the time I don't feel like I'm any thinner. I think it's because most of the time I wear shorts with an elastic waist band. Last night I put on my Versace Suit and the pants were HUGE. Last time I had the suit on, it was a tad snug, now I have inches to spare! Guess I'll have to have them taken in.

Aaron's show was a treat. I had never seen his close-up set and I was not disappointed. What can I say. . . he's a bonified card star. He opened with the Chicago Opener, Closed with very strong Christ Aces and filled the middle with expert card handling, humor, wit and intellectual content while adding the new bit to create a sense of improvisation.

Afterwards, as it was the slowest night I had seen at the Castle in a long time, I split and was home by 11:30PM. Surprisingly, I beat Polly home by 20 minutes.

No comments: