Friday, February 06, 2009

Brett Wolf

Brett and I go way back, way, way back. He must have been 12 or 13 years old when we met. I was probably 20. Brett has worked for The Amazing Kreskin, Bill Malone and is currently working for none other than David Copperfield.

Another home town boy done good. I'm proud of him. We spent a few hours hanging out while I was in Vegas. Nice to catch up on all of the lost years. Hell, I don't think we had seen each other in a decade. Good memories of a good friend and a good magician. Brett, custom built some props for me years ago for some corporate work I was doing at the time. He always had a knack for that kind of thing.

Hope to keep in better touch with him and not let another decade go by before we see each other again.

Just as the Seattle Magic Back Room Sessions were legend, so were the many evenings spent in my mom's attic where I lived after moving back from LA 20+ years ago. The sessions included the likes of Brett, Homer Liwag, Chris Korn, Jeff Edmonds and once I believe we were treated to a couple hours of coin magic from Bob Fitch.

My son Buster once joked, "Dad, all of your friends have gone on to do amazing things with their lives. . . and look at you"

No comments: