Monday, February 23, 2009

Feeling

Fingerless gloves
like a heartless chest
shows me
who knows best

twiddley dee
twiddley dumb

fee fi fo fum

Looking into their vacant stares
Like a television
fixes a glare, a glaze. . my mind in a maze
coming through the haze
but not coming out on the other side
completely

Part of me stayed
part of me can’t let go

Part of me wants to rip my guts out
every day
to stop the pain

Life ain’t fair,
so move on

but it’s hard

when there are children

I been through it myself
I know the drill

I saw it happen to my own parents
then it happened to me
divorce can bring out the worst in people
It’s hard to say if I’ve lived through it

People always say, “They will want to know you”, “When they’re 18, you will have a relationship with them”

Just a shame.
I got nothing but love for my kids
and it’s gonna be like this

No comments: