Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bo’s Cigar Lounge

Tuesday afternoon it rained. . . again. I was feeling shut in and needed a field trip. A quick Google search and I was delighted to find a cigar lounge near by. I got in my car and headed for Bo’s Cigar Lounge in Torrance. Two seconds in, I felt like I hit the jack pot. Large comfy leather chairs, foot stools, big ass, flat screens and a well stocked humidor. The kid behind the counter was helpful and energetic. I told him I liked the place and that it was nice to see a place where one could enjoy the luxury of a fine cigar in a civilized environment. There were a few guys hanging, smoking, working on laptops and watching TV.

I entered the walk in humidor like a kid in a candy store. I love the smell of tobacco and cedar in the morning. It smells like . . . victory. I treated myself to a Diamond Crown #4 Robusto Maduro. Took it to the counter where Tony rung me up. Next to the register was a bowl with a variety of cutters and lighters. I opted for the v cut and the butane torch lighter to get situated. Planted my ass in one of those big chairs and puffed away while I worked in my planner and shuffled cards. As guys came in, they went around and introduced themselves. Bonus points for the friendly atmosphere. After my smoke I gave Tony one of my postcards and told him to keep me in mind for any upcoming events. I split and was pleased to find Polly home early. The rain continued well into the night.

No comments: