Friday, January 11, 2019

RIP Bill Pryor



I fist met Bill Pryor when I was a kid. He had Bill's Magic Corner in a Pharmacy in Kenwood. He was the kindest of men and had more humanity than most people. He loved being a teacher, magician, highschool basketball referee, inventor and lover of math and mathamagic.

At one point he was in business with Ken Klosterman and Allen Kracknell with their own magic shop called Venture III. He ended up finding a home at Haines House of Cards, where I grew up and started working at as a 12 year old.

My memories of Bill are rich and deep. He meant a lot to me and it saddened me that I was unable to reach him at the end and say goodbye. He will always have a special place in my heart for the kindness, generosity and friendship that he showed me for 4 decades. You will be missed, loved, but never forgotton. Heck of a guy.

No comments: