Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Feeling Low

Spent the morning trying to help my friend.  Trying to figure out how his PayPal account disappeared.  Best we can guess, is that when he authorized someone to remotely access his computer for the purpose of helping him, that he got hacked. His PayPal account was cleaned out and the account closed.  I spent a couple of hours on the phone with PayPal  and merging the call with my friend.  PayPal says they have no history of his account that he used for 20 years. What a crock of shit. I'm beside myself.  PayPal said that when an account is closed all history of that account is deleted.

It's a cruel world. Dog eat dog.  It's fucked up.  PayPal can't do a damn thing about it? Seriously!?

Trying to manage my anger and disappointment.  Need to change my mood, going to work as a Bartending Magician in the Hat & Hare Pub at The Magic Castle this evening and need to change gears.

I'm trying to except that I have to watch my friend loose his mind and die.  How do I make any sense out of any of it.  He talks about his frustration and anger, feelings of uselessness and desire to be dead.  This is heavy fucking shit.  I love him so deeply and our friendship goes back to teenage years.    I can only help him as much as I can.  This bothers me greatly.  Today I thought when I was authorized to discuss his account on his behalf (no easy task) with PayPal that we were making progress.  Then to have that door shut in our face is troubling.  How much worse can this guys life get?  I guess we're going to fine out.


No comments: