Monday, August 21, 2006

Santa Monica • Ocean Blvd.

Worked the Promenade on Sunday. Drove up to the top of my favorite parking garage, cranked up some tunes, got my performing stuff out of the car, smoked half a joint, the butt of of cigar and practiced with 5 silver dollars for a bit. I forgot my battery for my sound system back at home with the other half of the joint, so I didn't have to load the amp, mic and associated cables.

The weather was perfect, blue skies in the high 70's with a nice ocean breeze. The 3 block pedestrian walk known as the Third Street Promenade packed with with high power retail, bit tits, tight asses, movie theaters, restaurants, pool halls, street performers every 40 feet . . . a mother fucking orgy of capitalism! And packed to the gills with people

DSC05193


I had nice sets and connected well with the people. I added a nice "humble, bullshit" riff near the end of my act that seemed to work. Who was it that said, "Always be sincere. . . even when you're not"? Anyway I also had the opportunity to work silent for a while. I was in the immediate vecinity of a very talented horn player who played beautifully. I did a whole set to the music cards, cups, coins, rings. Felt good, very zen and in tune with my surroundings.

Got home later that night, Polly and I cut a rug in our living room. We danced away the evening to some smooth swing. Have I mentioned lately that I am in love with my girlfriend.

DSC05194

No comments: