Friday, August 11, 2006

Street performing stride

Well, at least for the last couple of days I've been feeling like I'm figuring it out again. Lots of good advice from a variety of friends. The crux of the solution seemed to be to stop caring so much. And to not start my show so soon. Bit by bit things seem to be falling into place. Switching from afternoons to evening at the Promenade really seemed to help too.

Starting to loosen up, have some fun and go with the flow. It's all good. If a show dissolves or peters out based on the ebb and flow of the moment. . . big deal. I'll light up my cigar, feel the love in my heart and go at it again.

I've been working on connecting with the audience in a more "real" way. There are points between and sometime during my routine where I ask the audience what they think about something. Then I wait for an answer. I am also getting a little better at not stepping on audience reactions in my haste to move forward. . . 5 seconds can seem like an eternity.

I've really enjoyed working the last two nights and I'm looking forward to getting out there again today. It's my job, it's what I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, I guess it was wishful thinking when we thought you'd give up and move back to Seattle.
We knew you'd figure it out.