Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Late night last night

The evening started early, a bit before 7PM. How was I to know that I would be getting home and crawling into bed at 4:40AM just a tad before Polly was getting up to go to work. Overall I had a great time and was able to get up to take Buster to school at 7:40AM.

Chris Korn had invited Polly and me to go to the Hotel Cafe in Hollywood to hear one of his favorite female singer songwriters Julianna Raye. Polly had an early call time so it wasn't in the cards for her, but I went and was very impressed with a line up of extremely talanted artists. Also on the bill was Kelda, Mozella & Katy Perry.

40485249_b0fac87c87

It's always a hoot hanging out with Chris. He brought a date who was doll and an interior designer. We were the last to leave the club and they disappeared into the night.

About that time I got a call from another old friend who was having some issues with his wife and decided to deal with them by drinking himself into a stupor and shooting some pool in Santa Monica. He asked me to hang with him for a while, so I did. We closed that bar and drove and hung around for another couple of hours. My pal's wife just had a baby and he might be going through what I call the "left out father syndrome". I'm not sure what's going on with them, but I was trying to be a good friend.

13803437_800eb25ec5

No comments: