Monday, September 05, 2011

Huge Collapse of Consumer Confidence. . . . . . No shit!

Today is Labor Day and marks the end of "Summer 2011". My summer dropped sharply over a month ago. A series of events starting with the Debt Ceiling Debate then onto the downgrading of the USA's credit followed by a 500 point stock market drop (in a day), proved to be too much for the economy. It's feeling to me, very much like the crisis in 2008. Shit, these volatile times are enough to make anyone batty! How do you get ahead in these trying times? Try harder? I don't propose to have the answers, but I'm doing my best to get my bills paid.

Today is also my Dad's 75th Birthday!! Happy Birthday Pops! If I think I've had a rough month or two recently, I should thank my lucky stars. First, my Dad had a cancerous tumor removed from his bladder while travling abroad, then after getting home, had his prostate and bladder removed. I know his recovery has been a challenge and wish I could have been there for him. He's on the mend now and I plan on visiting him in Breckenridge, Colorado at the end or September or early October. It would be nice to make it a working vacation if I can create some performing opportunities while I am there.

No comments: